Thursday, November 17, 2005

2 for 2

I know Steve is missing baseball so I’ll continue the baseball themes to my recent posts.
2 for 2 last night. (Wednesday night)

First AB (at bat and not blood type) –
Our downstairs class ended 2 weeks before the end of our quarter. 2 of our song leaders used the time to introduce some of the “Zoe-songs” we heard this year at coincidently the Zoe Conference.
Great stuff. Real boost to the encouragement bank. Folks of all ages (about 30 of us) were singing and clapping in praise. Can’t get much better than “Beautiful One.”

Postscript – We’re excited about the AVOW slides we’re getting from Greg and Randy. We only had the words last night.

Second AB –
At the urging of my wife (Paul knew what he was doing when he put in the “wife clause” for deacons and elders) I took some leftover food from our Wed. night meal to one of our elderly couples. She just had neck surgery and hadn’t been out for a few weeks. Great visit. Both of them very gracious and affirming. Even offered me some of the pineapple upside-down cake I brought by. Talk about temptation.

Good to be 2 for 2.

Comments:
This whole "living without a kitchen" thing may turn out to be a ministry too. We haven't eaten out once (except for a few fast food meals) in the week we've been kitchenless. People have either fed as at their homes or brought us food every day. My principal came by my room today to ask if we needed folks from work to bring us food. It's just overwhelming.

As for the ministry, we are taking our leftovers next door to the college guy who lives there. We've talked to him more in the last week than...well...ever. Who knows what doors God will open through the giving of food?

sueqduk (which nobody has brought us yet, but I'm sure is delicious)
 
Isn't it interesting how "disaster" can bring us closer to our neighbors. The 3 hurricanes we had last year and the cleanup afterward allowed me the chance to meet and work with most of my neighbors.
okwnwwd (an O.K. wind)
 
My brother, we have friends but since you left the east for the west we haven't found any "left-overs" friends. That time will always be a sweet memory to me.
Do you remember me always asking you and Jan, "Is this Alabama corn?"
ysxobz (y-sxo-bz: information concerning (sorry Steve) the World Champion Chicago Whitesox.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?