Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Falling On My Head

As I drove to work this morning in my wet (there's a good reason) pants, this profound thought occurred to me: I'm tired of all the rain we have had since the summer! Thats right tired, no, sick and tired. Oh, what about the wet pants? They were a result of my "un"-balancing act as I walked out to my car with a handful of graded (yes, some of them "washed out" as well) tests, my gradebook, and of course the ever present, the ever wonderful golf umbrella. I was actually pretty dry until I closed my golf umbrella in an attempt to bring it into my “motor-vee-hickle” and the ensuing spray nailed my pants.

Now I know some of you in “blog-nation” live in wonderful places like Fresno, (isn’t it “Cal-li-forn-ya) California, Long Beach, Arlington, Virginia, and even in Switzerland so you might have a hard time identifying with someone in Central (the thunderstorm capitol of the world) Florida complaining about massive amounts of rain. Again, as my students would say, “I feel you.” So, feel free to chime in about the weather you “hate” (Brady started it) the most or a time when you experienced your particular brand of hated weather in mass quantities.

This “Gator-hater” (Roll Tide – Go Seminoles) is interested in your responses.

Have a sunny (unless you like rain) day.

Comments:
Before we get into the weather issue I just have to say...WHY are you bringing papers home to grade??? What sort of horrible self-flagellation are you conducting there in Florida? I keep my work firmly at work where it belongs! Besides, the few times I've tried to grade papers at home I've gotten very distracted by the game I was watching at the same time.

As for the weather...I love rain, but probably because of its relative scarcity here. We had almost 30 straight days of over-100-degree temps here this summer so I'm not so fond of the heat right now. Contrary to what people say, we DO have seasons in Fresno. It's just the Spring and Fall only last for a couple of days each.
 
Do I detect an evil laugh as you ponder my position in the land of humidity?
 
Yes, I admit my sin of bringing papers home to grade. Normally I avoid this most hated (Brady started it) sin among teachers. But anytime I'm getting ready to go out of town (Zoe Conference) this always happens to me. Oh well, I admit my sin and ask forgiveness.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?