Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Strange and Uncertain Sounds

Being spurred on by my Brother Greg’s recent “hair” blog, I was reminded of something that happened (this could add to our downward spin in blog subjects) in my hotel room this past Saturday night at SonQuest.

My son Steven and his friend Matthew (the Chuckster’s recently baptized son) were bunking in my room this past weekend. After Chuck drove from Cocoa to baptize his son Saturday night in our hotel pool, I invited him to spin the night with us so he didn’t have to drive home at midnight. It was almost 1am before we finally turned off the lights and tried to get some sleep. It was at that point our two wonderful sons began to fire away with their best impressions of methane gas escaping a human body. You know, a fluff, a fart, or as we call it in our home, popping a wheelie. Chuck and I assumed (and prayed) the noises are sons were making were reasonable facsimiles of the above mentioned and not the real thing.

At some point in the night, Chuck and I decided to join this “talent show.” I was generating the sounds artificially however I can’t speak for Chuck. What I can speak to was the fact that Chuck and I were laughing like little boys with our sons, ages 15 and 14. It seems to be a theme with me, trying to hold on to the last vestiges of their childhood. I know one thing, for a moment, two men and 2 teenagers were acting like little boys and it felt good.

Comments:
As my students might say, "Greg started it." Stay tuned for my next blog where I will try not to raise a "stink."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?