Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Miami / Katrina Pics









Yes, more pictures from this "Windows 98" guy. This is a picture of our group from Cocoa. We left on a Sunday morning at 5am and drove 3 hours to help out the good folks at the Sunset Church of Christ. In this picture we're taking a break from the tropical heat of Miami. I'm the good looking guy in the yellow and my 15 year old son Steven is sitting behind me.

In this next picture, Steven is dragging some branches to a pile that we tied a rope around and then dragged behind a truck to the road.

The big tree in the next picture could have been a phicus. If it was, it's the biggest one that I've ever seen. You can tell from the picture what nice grounds the Sunset Church has.

The gentleman in the middle of the brush is Billy. Billy is a former world champion arm wrestler. He was recovering from a pretty severe auto accident. What a way to spend your recovery.

The gentleman in the picture with the chainsaw is our Deacon of Youth, Brett. I’ve given Brett a new title, “The Deacon of Pain.” Brett organized the trip to Miami.

The boy holding the two sticks is Steven's good friend and Chuck's son, Matthew.

I also have a picture of Monty and Zack, Brett's son taking a break.

And finally, I have a picture of Monty and Chuck putting some chain saws to work.

It is nice to get out of the "church building" and help folks who need help.


Comments:
I meant to say in my blog that the boys (Steven, Matthew, and Zack) received numerous comments from our crew and the good people of the Sunset Church, on their work ethic. It's nice to see teens getting outside themselves and serving others.
 
Thanks guys. Don't cut yourselves too short my "professional" friends. It is your sermons, reminding us of the ultimate act of service and love, Jesus, that motivates us to do acts of service in the name of the Kingdom. So Greg, Randy, and Brady, keep on reminding us of the people we need to be.
 
If I ever get a chance to have "Mad" Max sign one of his many books that I own, I'll ask him to write "You heard it here first" under his moniker.
 
My 3-Stooges loving Brother, being in the teaching profession makes me more than qualified to appreciate a fellow “borrower” of original ideas. Although some “originators” we’ve borrowed from might prefer the term “battery” rather than “flattery.” Remember the look Jerry Jones gave you at Pepperdine?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?