Thursday, August 04, 2005

Wal-Mart Chicken

My wife started a personal “ministry” about a month ago. She has taken it upon herself to organize Wednesday night dinners at our church. She serves dinner at 6pm in our Fellowship Hall for $3, $2 kids 9 and under. We have seen an increase in our Wednesday night attendance due to families having this option.
Part of last night’s meal was 100 pieces of fried chicken from Wal-Mart. Barbara was standing in line at our local Wal-Mart when a thunderstorm knocked out the power. All the registers went down and she ended up standing in line for about an hour with 100 pieces of good old fried chicken. It was about 5:30 when she started to panic and she prayed for the Lord to help her with this chicken. I don’t know if you can find a Biblical precedent to pray for southern fried chicken but in this case the faith of my lovely wife was rewarded.

She saw a manager whose child she taught last year. She quickly got her attention and explained her dilemma. The manager copied the bar code of the chicken (good thing they don’t bar code each individual breast and leg) and allowed my wife to leave with the poultry in question. A good piece of chicken was had by all thanks to the answered poultry prayer of my wife.

Comments:
Yes, how could I forget or forget the fact that "my" little piece of heaven lies just 10 minutes from my humble West Cocoa abode.
 
I forgot about Psalm 78:26 - 29 as well. I'll bet if you asked Kent for a section of scripture that has changed his life he would quote Psalm 78:26 - 29 as well. Good call Randy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?