Thursday, July 28, 2005

Questions

My friendship with Greg and the England Family began with a question and has been a series of questions (I didn't say "questionable") ever since. When Greg tried out to be the "preacher" at our church in Rockledge, we were asked to vote on calling him. I voted "no" and ended up with a man closer to me than any "blood" brother. When he Greg came to Rockledge we asked him, Jan, and the young kiddos out to eat. In the course of our getting to know one another we asked Greg and his family to practice the fine southern tradition of just dropping by our trailer unannounced. They did and we weren't home. Greg wrote a note asking why we weren't home when they choose to excersise this practice. Greg asked me to go to Bible Camp and I did and haven't stopped for over 20 years. Greg asked me to attend the Pepperdine Bible Lectures and I did and haven't stopped for 14 years. When Greg went home one summer to visit Muz he asked us to come with them and I gained a second saint for a Mother. My son Steven gained a sword but that's another blog. When Greg moved to SoCal he asked us to visit and we did and gained a second church family, the Long Beach Church. My mother gained a group of elders that would anoint her with oil and pray over her as she battled cancer. I asked Greg to preach funerals for my Mother and Father and he did. Greg asked me to attend his Father's funeral in North Alabama and I didn't. That was a bad decision that the Lord gave me a chance to learn from when Muz passed away. Thank you God.
On a final note to lighten things up, one time Greg asked me a question at Yosemite. He wanted to know if I would go rafting on the Merced about one hour before dinner. I accepted and he got in trouble and I didn't!

Comments:
There must be a bad "karma zone" with respect to the Merced and wives. This bad karma must also surround golf courses and Burger Kings! Sounds like a blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?