Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My friend Randy and Greg are getting ready to go to Mexico to build houses. A sister in Christ reminded me of one benefit of such a trip. She went to the Mid-Ohio Valley Work Camp (MOVWC) as a fellow chaperone with our youth group. I love everything about MOVWC from the worship times with 600 young people to serving those who can't help themselves by painting their home in four days. You really grow close to the Lord as you "work out" your faith.
Just a few days after we arrived back in Florida, this Sister in Christ found out that her husband had been carrying on an affair for the past year. And as anyone would be she was devastated but she told me that the "spiritual high" she came back on from MOVWC helped her to weather this storm a little better than she would have thought possible.
I blog about this event to say to my good friends Greg and Randy, enjoy your mission trip to Mexico and soak up all the spiritual benefits one receives from "working out your faith." We never know what storm of life lies around the corner.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?