Friday, July 29, 2005

Flowers for Muz

When my son (now 15) was 2, we made a trip to North Alabama with the England’s. My son was in to a cartoon called "Power Rangers" and swords. Some how he discovered a sword that Muz had in a closet in her home. It looked like an Officer’s sword from the Civil War era. He wanted to take it home but Muz wisely told him that he was a bit too young to handle such a sword. The sword itself was old and dull but never the less in a 2 year olds’ hands it could have done some damage or bodily harm. She promised Steven that when she passed on he could have that sword.
Muz passed from this life last week. Greg remembered her promise and presented the sword to Barbara and me to give to Steven upon our return home. Steven didn’t make the trip due to being at "Teen Week" at the Central Florida Bible Camp. When we came back home and gave the sword to Steven his face lit up. It was almost as if he was two again standing on a chair in Muz’s kitchen "helping" her to make biscuits.
Steven asked me how much this antique sword was worth and I told him I didn’t know. He looked at the sword, smiled, and said, "If Muz’s sword is worth a million dollars I’ll order $500,000 worth of flowers for her grave." This was his tribute to Muz having not made the trip himself. One thing for sure, it almost seemed as if there were a $1,000,000 worth of flowers at Muz’s funeral. A fitting tribute to a woman who lived a life that was as fragrant and any earthly rose. We love you Muz. Steven says thanks.

Comments:
When I go back (Lord willing)to Pepperdine this year I know Muz and my Mom will be on my mind. They were 2 ladies who loved their husbands to the point that they couldn't imagine life without them and yet, they both blossomed and continued to be a blessing to others after they lost their mates.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?