Monday, May 30, 2005

15

My son turned 15 yesterday. He spent the weekend with a group of friends from church who were camping out at Moss Park. Two of our friends have boats so he was able to spend 3 days being pulled at 40mph on tubes designed for this kind for high energy adventure.

Barb and I drove over to Moss Park (45 min.) each day to see Steven and hang out with our friends. We went over last night and brought birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate Steven turning 15. Night was falling as we finished his birthday cake. The kids were getting ready to go down to the dock and do some night time fishing. My 15 year old son took a step back in time when he whispered into my ear that he wanted to go home. At this age, teens usually want to spend more time with their peers than their parents.

I asked him if everything was O.K.? He said he was tired and wanted go home with us. As we drove away from the campground, Steven curled up in the backseat of our Honda with his sleeping bag and pillow. My wife motioned for me to look at him. She remarked at how much he looked like the little boy he used to be "many moons" ago. As I looked back at this fading vision I thanked God for what I'm sure is one of my chances to see my son as a "little boy."

Comments:
I remember that day, the game, the dinner, and the conversation. I will be eternally grateful to you for passing on that message. It led to the joy of our life, Steven.
I'm so glad that we'll all be in Heaven together one day. Love you guys.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?